- Brinjal / Capsicum – 3 cut into medium sized pieces
- Grated Fresh Coconut
- Tamarind Pulp / Lemon Juice
- My Amma’s Homemade Vangibhath Powder – 1tsp
- Cooked Rice – 1 cup
- Coriander Leaves, Curry Leaves
- Salt Oil
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add mustard and curry leaves to it.
- Once mustard splutters add the vegetable and sauté.
- Continue sautéing and add some salt and turmeric powder and mix
- Add the tamarind pulp and mix well. (If you are using lemon juice add it after the vangibhath powder)
- Add Vangibhath powder to it and mix thoroughly. Now add the grated coconut mix well.
- Cover and cook till done. (You can add a little jiggery if you prefer little sweet.)
- Mix it to the cooked rice and enjoy tasty Vangibhath.